Wow, I’ve been playing Tales of the Abyss for nearly thirty hours now! It feels like only yesterday that I started… And I’m still as confused about the worldbuilding as I was on day one… At least I no longer think that Fon Master Ion is the latest cool cellphone model.
I do not consider any fantasy worldbuilding complete before you cannot tell me something about
- the culture’s sense of humour, with examples of popular jokes,
- popular literature VS classic literature,
- what children learn in school (especially history, maths, biology),
- the common grammar mistakes your conlang’s native speakers make,
- the culture’s cuisine, with recipes,
- toy production,
- the embarassing old songs people sing when they are really drunk, but would not admit knowing while sober.
I just laughed for what felt like 10 minutes
Mats is squeezed :D